Welcome to the 2014 National Early Childhood Inclusion Institute. The Inclusion Institute, presented by the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute (FPG), is the premier event for people from all early childhood sectors to come together to learn, share, and problem-solve about inclusion for young children.
NEW: We have just opened up registration for our special Pre-Institute Workshops:
- Demystify Assistive Technology and Inspire the Assistive Technologist in You!
- Strategies for Effective Teaming and Collaboration
- Using Video to Promote High Quality Inclusion Practices
- Beyond Preschool: Where Will the Inclusion Journey Take Us?
Author, Autism Activist and TV Journalist to Deliver Keynote Address
Dwayne Ballen, an award-winning television journalist will deliver the keynote address at the 2014 National Early Childhood Inclusion Institute. Ballen's recently published book Journey with Julian has drawn praise for its portrayal of family life with Ballen’s oldest son, who has autism. Told from the rarely heard father's perspective, Journey With Julian has received praise since its release. A review in the New York Journal of Books says the book will "enlighten and educate" the reader as it "conveys the importance of family, the necessity of acceptance, and the pure joy of unconditional love."
Check out the Program tab (above) for a preview of the over 40 concurrent sessions - more are being added daily, so check back often!
- Federal, State, and Local Administrators
- Program Directors
- Pre-K and Early Care and Education Teachers
- Early Interventionists
- Infant Specialists
- Allied Health Professionals
- Inclusion Specialists
- Professional Development Providers including Faculty from IHEs
- Parents in Leadership Positions
- Consultants and Coaches