The International Early Childhood Inclusion Institute has become one of the premier educational opportunities for anyone involved in the care and education of young children with disabilities in inclusive settings.
For more than 21 years, the Institute has drawn people from across the nation and around the world to Chapel Hill to:
- learn about the latest research findings, models, and resources that guide inclusive policy, professional development, and practice;
- to develop collaborative relationships and cross-agency systems that support early childhood inclusion; and
- to have the opportunity to meet, learn from, and problem-solve with peers.
2022 International Inclusion Institute
April 26-28, 2022
We’re In This Together: Caring for One Another in Difficult Times
Listen, learn, and share perspectives about inclusion with an interagency panel of policy leaders. Panelists will provide a brief update on early childhood priorities and inclusion initiatives within their agencies. Panelists to be announced soon!
In this plenary session, Jenna Ramsey will share her story of life, love, loss, and gain, through the life of her son PJ. Throughout PJ's life, Jenna worked to effectively partner with medical teams, school system staff, and community agencies to provide PJ a rich quality of life – a life of inclusion. Hear Jenna’s perspective on living an inclusive life and gain insights on the ways which healthy and effective partnerships with teachers, therapists, doctors, and case managers, allowed PJ to live well. More Family Plenary details >
2022 Pre-Institute Workshops
Two pre-institute workshops are being offered:
- Dealing with Challenging Behavior: Innovative Tier I Strategies for Classroom Teachers by Adam Holland
**FULL - You can add yourself to the waitlist when you register for the conference.**
- Supporting STEM Learning for ALL Children by Doug Clements and Julie Sarama